Sunday, May 25, 2008

My new camera: Leica Z2X


It takes 35 mm film.
 
For a while I have been looking for a new camera. The SLR's aren't pocket-sized, they scare people and they weigh the same as a brick. The Holga is expensive to develop and only shoots twelve exposures at a time. I initially wanted a compact digital camera but two things came to thwart my pursuit: printing and quality. I've noticed lately that many have been altering their images to look as if they were film and I've also noticed how few photographs people actually print. I have had one too many hard drives crash and a laptop that contained photographs of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans stolen. Hmm I am drifting away... Basically I needed a camera that had the qualities of portability and picture quality and I found it behind the legendary Leica name. Although the camera cannot be compared to "real" Leica cameras, I found the quality for the amount I paid worth it. Try riding 545 miles with a SLR camera wrapped around your neck. That was quite a ramble.


No comments: